In the morning: I finally figured out how to reset the forwarding on my Ohio University account to my current email address. It had been forwarding to an older account that I had disabled. This wouldn't have mattered much, except I rediscovered a digital trail – an old Coroflot account still boasting my old email address and old design samples – and had forgotten my password. Well, I could request that Coroflot send my password to the registered email address, which was the old OU address, which was forwarding to an email address that is now defunct. That has been fixed. I also determined that Coroflot probably will not help me find freelance work in the area.
Also: I wrote up my two-year career plan, which answers the question: "what skills or experience do I want to have when I leave Bloomington in two years (that is, when I'm ready to do another job search?)." As suggested by a former professor whom I met with on Wednesday evening for a beer and a "Now I have that degree you promised, what the hell do I do now?"
Afternoon: Completed the third display in the lobby level hallway in the student union. That makes only two more displays in the building left to complete.
Received a phone call to set up an interview with the public library. Nice.
Attended a board meeting to see if joining the board of this particular nonprofit – one that provides after school and evening programs for teens to keep them away from drugs, alcohol, and tobacco – would be something I would want to join. Right now I'm thinking no, just because it seems like the best thing they could do right now is get linked in to the service learning project for SPEA's fund raising class, and I don't think I can contribute anything better than that at this moment. Plus, the last accomplishment...
I received an email back from another local nonprofit to which I had inquired about volunteering, and I think that will be a better match. In part because the email was signed by one of my long-time life heroes. And that's very cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment