26 March 2008

originally due today

This morning I lay in bed for a long time and thought about skipping all my classes this afternoon. I reasoned that of the two classes I have today, I'd only missed one once, and the other I haven't missed at all, so even though I am not sick, I could probably indulge myself with a personal day. And I could afford to be a little lazy today, I have a paper to write that was originally due today but has been postponed to Friday.

Still, a half-hour later my feelings of responsibility got the best of me and now I am dressed and nearly ready to head in to school. I remembered that tonight is Taiwan night in the atrium, and I'd promised some friends to be there. Plus I wanted to go, for the free food and some relaxed, casual entertainment. I am irresistibly drawn to entertainment, and find it all to easy to shirk homework or studying in favor of spending time with friends or admiring rueda performances on YouTube.

Time has become so precious and so scare. What free time I have can be spent working on my crafts, on painting, exercising, yet each activity is abbreviated far shorter than I would like. And then my motivation betrays me. Overworked and exhausted, my will-power buckles, and demands I take time to relax. As well it should. And from the couch I watch as the world passes, day by day, Friday night to Saturday to Sunday, and then I must go back to school, back to all the complexities, the careful navigation, back to struggling against the constrains of my bank account and my diminishing metabolism.

1 comment:

Meiqi said...

I tagged you for a six word memoir at my blog! Rock it, yo.